As my previous posts have indicated, I have recently become very time poor due to work. Lucky for a handful of genius hair products, my hair hasn’t had to suffer. Truthfully, I am very lacklustre with my hair routine anyway… so I really shouldn’t be blaming time constraints for my lack of interest in hair. Hair sadly falls down the bottom of my beauty pyramid.
So enough dribble, let me get on to the good stuff – the hair products that I use on a daily/weekly basis because they’re damn good and save me a LOT of time. I mean… what girl wouldn’t want to cut down time spent preening in front of the mirror each morning?
1. MOROCCANOIL FRIZZ CONTROL SPRAY*
Moroccanoil Frizz Control is formulated to protect against extreme weather and control frizz and static. Suitable for all hair types and styling regimens, the lightweight formula tames and relaxes hair prior to styling. Moroccanoil Frizz Control is best applied to clean, towel-dried hair and sprayed 25cm from hair and combed through, followed by heat styling i.e. blow drying.
The reason I love this spray over the Moroccanoil Treatment Oil is that:
- it’s a spray for one, so it’s SUPER easy and quick to use, saving time on application. Just spray 1 – 3 pumps on fine hair and 2 – 5 pumps on thick hair and comb through.
- it’s perfect pre-blow dry because it relaxes the hair and prevents frizz and flyways (reducing the need to use a straightening air and therefore reducing time spent on hair).
- it’s a lightweight formula so your hair isn’t left feeling oily or weighed down.
- regular use helps protect hair from humidity, excessive brushing/combing, chemical processing and excessive heat–styling.
Moroccanoil Frizz Control, 100ml, RRP AU $49.95 available from salons nationwide.
2. CEDEL DRY SHAMPOO FOR DARK HAIR
Cedel Dry Shampoo is a waterless shampoo spray that instantly refreshes dull, greasy and lifeless hair between washes. The special formulation for dark hair removes dirt and excess oil leaving your hair looking, feeling and smelling fresh. Cedel Dry Shampoo banishes oily roots and adds volume and texture.
Perfect for use on the go, second/third/fourth day hair, after a day in the office to spruce up your blow dry, travelling, or after the gym. It sprays like a hair spray and is tinted a dark colour for all the dark haired lasses.
The reason I love Dry Shampoo is that:
- it is tinted for darker hair to avoid the white powdery residue the normal formulas leave.
- it soaks up oil AND adds volume! Awesome for fine haired people like myself.
- you can add texture to hair for up dos, and the dry shampoo extends hair styles by days.
Shake the can, spray evenly in the roots from about 20cms away, focusing on the roots. Leave it to soak up oiliness for a minute or two and then brush your hair.
The only thing I don’t like about dry shampoos (of any brand) is that it leaves a powdery substance in your brush from brushing it out.
Cedel Dry Shampoo for Darker Hair, 70g/110ml, RRP AU $7.99 available from Supermarkets, Priceline, Big W, Kmart, Target and selected pharmacies.
3. NEW CEDEL DRY CONDITIONER*
A NEW revolution in hair care, Cedel Dry Conditioner is a waterless leave-in no-rinse conditioning foam that instantly revitalises and hydrates hair without the use of water – saving precious time! With the addition of Vitamin E to nourish hair, this moisturising foam reduces dryness, controls frizz, and helps to protect hair from the effects of the sun.
Suitable for all hair types, Cedel Dry Conditioner is perfect for use on the go, after a day in the office, travelling, after the gym, or if you are not able to shower. Ideal for use with Cedel Dry Shampoo.
I like the dry conditioner because:
- it’s the perfect companion to the dry shampoo, replacing moisture to the middle and ends of your hair.
- it gives your hair a refresh
- it smells good
- it’s a non-greasy conditioning foam
- it controls frizz and protects hair from the drying effects of the sun
- I use it on frizzled ends (after being twisted up in a top knot) to reset the hair, give it a boost of moisture and add some shine!
Cedel Dry Conditioner, 70g/110ml, RRP AU $9.99 available from Priceline and selected pharmacies from May 2012.
4. LARGE HAIR DONUT
The hair donut is a genius tool to create a full, quick up style in no time. This is my go-to for when I have dirty hair and have no time to wash my hair before going out. It creates a flawless ballerina bun or a perfectly-messy “fairy floss” bun. See the two styles as done on my own hair…
The hair donut helps gives the illusion of fullness, which I need with my fine and short hair. It’s so easy to use, I don’t know how I lived without it. Both styles above took me 5 mins max to create. I used dry shampoo, hair spray, a teasing comb (for the fairy floss/ricki lee style bun), hair tie and a few bobby pins.
I bought mine from Pricecutters salon for about $11. But I know you can get them at Price Attack, Hairhouse Warehouse and other selected retailers.
So tell me hautees, do you have any brilliant time-saving tips in the hair department?
Who else skimps on time and tender loving care when it comes to their hair? Please tell me it’s not just me!