Monday saw InStyle Mag reveal the winners of the third annual InStyle Fragrance Awards. From more than 200 new-release fragrances, InStyle whittled it to just 50 finalists across 10 categories. InStyle’s expert judging panel* carefully selected the overall standouts from each group. “Choosing a new scent is a wholly personal experience—but a little guidance can save a lot of time when faced with the near-to-buckling fragrance shelves in department stores,” said InStyle editor Kerrie McCallum.
THE 2011 WINNERS:
· BEST CELEBRITY: Reb’l Fleur by Rihanna
· BEST NEW CLASSIC: Chanel No. 19 Poudre
· BEST DESIGN: Halston Woman Amber
· BEST DAYTIME: Miss Dior Cherie Blooming Bouquet
· BEST DESIGNER: Prada Infusion De Rose
· BEST HOLIDAY: Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
· BEST EVENING: Very Irresistible Givenchy L’Intense
· BEST INNOVATIVE: Jo Malone Limited Edition Tea Fragrance blends
· LIMITED EDITION: Marc Jacobs Splash Cocktail Collection
· BEST MEN’S: Guerlain Arsene Lupin Dandy
The full list of finalists and winners will be revealed in the October issue of InStyle magazine, on sale now!
*The judging panel included: Victoria Meppem, InStyle Beauty Director; Kerrie McCallum, editor, InStyle; Jan Logan, Founder and Creative Director, Jan Logan; John Lambeth, Fragrance Designer; Natarsha Belling, News Presenter, Network Ten; Sharyn Storrier Lyneham, Owner EDIT boutique.