This weekend the weather was perfect, my family were staying at Surfer’s Paradise and I had some new bikinis to break in… so what was a girl to do? BEACH TRIP!! So what did I pack in my beach bag? Let’s take a looksie shall we?
• Evodia Australia Tropical Passion Body Fragrance ($23.95) – I just spray a light mist of this over my hair and body. The fragrance reminds me of the beach with it’s exotic ‘tropical’ scent which is quite fitting really. I use this instead of perfume because I’ve always believed that you shouldn’t wear perfume to the beach. Not that I don’t think you shouldn’t smell lovely, but because I think the alcohol in perfume assists the burning of your skin. Now this is just my crazy belief and I don’t know if it has been scientifically proven but a lot of older ladies have always said that they think the freckles all over their neck are caused by wearing a perume in the sun. Has anyone else heard of this? Or is it just me being a bit crazy?
• Shiseido SPF 36+ Sun Protection Stick Foundation in Ochre ($45.00) – a treatment-enriched stick foundation that defends against powerful UVA/UVB rays as it provides a sheer natural finish for a smooth radiant look. I LURVEEEE this stick foundation. I love the fact that this is a SPF 36+ sun protectant and foundation in one and I don’t have to rock up to the beach looking like casper the friendly ghost from using a cheap ghostly white oily sunscreen lotion on my face. This stick foundation isn’t oily (I have oily/combo skin) and the actual coverage of the foundation is really good. Added bonus – it’s water-resistant too! You can’t go wrong, seriously – you need to get this in your life NOW.
• A comb and hair band (not pictured) – well this is simple really, who wants the frizzy rats nest of a hair do you get from being dumped in the surf? Not me. I comb my hair and flip it up into a top knot while the hair is still wet. Easy peasey beach hair do!
• Moroccanoil Oil Treatment for all hair types ($49.50) – this one doesn’t necessarily make it to the beach but it is a MUST for your hair before you head off for the day. This oil absorbs instantly into your hair to provide shine, conditioning and restores elasticity all while protecting your hair from environmental factors i.e. the big bad sun. Great to apply to hair while it’s wet before putting your hair up in a top knot.
• Le Tan SPF 30+ Coconut Mist Spray ($16.95) – this spray sunscreen is new to the Le Tan range this year and I think it’s a winner of a product. Not only is it so convenient to use because of it’s spray nozzle, but the formula is broad spectrum, non-ghosting, 2 hours water resistant and best part – it smells like coconut and contains Aloe Vera and Vitamin E for moisturising. WHAT.A.WINNER! Seriously, I challenge you to find a more convenient, bang-for-your-buck sunscreen. Oh did I mention it’s recommended by Surf Life Saving Australia?!
• Bloom Cosmetics Sheer Colour Cream in Coy ($24.00) – this is a pinky/peach cheek and lip cream that I use for a blush over the top of the Shiseido stick foundation. This gives a pop of colour on my cheeks (as I don’t weat any other makeup on my face apart from the stick foundation) and stays throughout the day. The best thing about a cream blush is that you can just chuck the product in your bag when you head off and you don’t have to worry about brushes – the tools are already with you – your fingers!!
• Hissyfit Lip Service lip balm with SPF 30+ ($18.95) – this wonder prod provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection from the sun whilst being ultra hydrating with shea butter, jojoba oil and vitamin E. It’s a super smart product to take with you to the beach because whilst we all tend to slap the sunscreen on the face, how many of you apply sun protection to your lips huh? Yes, that’s what I thought, not many. Oh and this lip balm smells saaweeeet!! Make sure you get this for summer to keep those luscious lips of yours damage free. Trust me, you’ll thank me later (like laterrrrr later, in your 60s/70s).
So tell me, what are your summer beauty staples?
I’d love to know what everyone else takes to the beach.